Rod locker problems

fishbone1

My new Stratos has a design problem with the rod rack (port side).
It is set up to hold 7 rods, 4 on top, 3 on bottom. There is a vertical plate with the 4 needed notches on the top edge for the upper layer of rods handles.
The lower three rods have a horizontal slot in the plate to accept the lower 3 rod handles.
All sounds good to this point. The problem is that a rod tip can not be slid forward in the tubes far enough for the handle to clear the plate and enter the slot.
I have designed and built a new plate that allows the rod handles to be lowered from the top of the plate down to their resting spot.
This is hard to describe.
The new plate is having finished applied and will be installed in a few days. I'll shoot some photos at that time and it will make more sense.
This had me wondering as to why this problem exists. Stratos isn't new to fishing and is aware of rod storage functions. Are their other models suffering this problem too? Do other make boat have this problem?
I was thinking that maybe everybody takes these plates and chucks them out. I'm the only fool who wants it to work.
My last boat (G3) had tube holes at the handle end of the locker which didn't work either. All the handle end of the rods/reels laid in a pile.
When my new plate is finished (it will look good, and not like a hatch job), I'll be writing, with photos, to Stratos with the suggestion they correct this. It can easily done by modifying their present plate with three milling cuts.
More to come.:cool: