SecureProp: The Company and Order Process

R

Revenant

This is a review of the company and order process. I hope I'm posting it in the right place, and if not, please let me know and I will move it as appropriate.

While there have been many people who have happily purchased the SecureProp Propeller Guard, much to my dismay, I am not among them. Thus my plan of actually reviewing the unit itself, did not work out. However, I believe what happened to me warrants a word of caution to those looking to purchase the SecureProp, and am thus reviewing the company and order process.

I attempted to purchase a SecureProp from www.secureprop.com after reading many glowing testimonials ranging from Law Enforcement to Field and Stream Magazine. It appeared to be a good product, and I enjoy the idea of supporting small local businesses even at an added cost to me. However, I never got mine.

I first placed an order via their website at www.secureprop.com on April 20th, 2011. The website clearly stated that the unit was $179 (which included shipping), but the PayPal based shopping cart listed it as $189. I continued with the order anyway, and sent an e-mail on the same day to the companies e-mail address requesting either a refund of the $10, or expedited shipping. I included a screen shot of their website, my receipt number from Paypal, and two methods to contact me. I received no response. I did receive a Paypal receipt on April 20th indicating that my credit card had been charged, but nothing from the company itself.

On April 28th, I again sent the company an e-mail requesting a response and indicated that I was having serious concerns with the order. Having not received a response by midday of the 29th, I attempted to call the company. I quickly discovered that the phone listed on the front of their homepage was disconnected. I found another number, but it rang and went to a generic voicemail box with no mention of the company itself. I left a message that I felt I was having serious concerns with the order, and felt that at this point, that it was starting to seem like a scam. I requested someone contact me ASAP to set the record straight. If the product was legit, I still wanted one.

At 10PM on the 29th, I received a Paypal notice indicating I had been refunded the money. The Paypal notice gave this explanation:

"We are out of stock for your size and are issuing you a refund. Thank you for your interest in Secureprop. If and when your size is again available, you will be contacted and issued a 10% discount. Thank you."

I'm more then a little disappointed in the company. While I believe that the product looks very effective at what it does, I'm disheartened by the fact that they held onto $189 of my money for over a week before telling me the product was out of stock. The lack of customer service is very unsettling and the disconnected phone lines leave me wondering why they are taking anyone's money at all.

Overall, buyer beware. The product looks excellent, but the company needs a lot of work. I hope someone from SecureProp reads this and can shed some light on what was going on, as I'm still interested in the prop guard.