Skeeter: nice boats TERRIBLE customer service

wdr2064

I own a 2006 ZX190. The boat performs just fine but when I had an issue which is to be expected things went down hill fast. The main power panel went out so I contacted the dealer (they are great by the way) and ordered a replacement power panel. It was supposed to be plug and play but was not. All the switches were powered at all times the main power switch would not turn them off. I asked the dealer and they tried to help but could not. They gave me the number to Darby at Skeeter. I left several messages for Darby over the course of a few weeks... He will NOT return a call period! I did speak to someone else at Skeeter but they could not help and referred me to Darby also... I finally figured it out myself. Now a couple months later the main power panel went out again! I could handle dealing with that but I cannot handle the thought of trying to get through to Skeeter. So I am going to sell the boat NOT because of a bad product but because of F- grade customer service from Skeeter. The dealer told me they will buy my boat for 12k and sell it for 15k. I will probably do that to avoid anymore hassle.

Moral of the story? My next boat brand purchase will be based on what kind of customer service the manufacturer gives. I will call several acting like an owner of their boat brand and see how responsive they are. The best customer service gets my business in the future. Skeeter will not be getting my business again.

Anybody have great customer service experiences to share with me? I would appreciate any!