So... you want to buy a Gambler do you?

Dougw

Consider this... The rip/tear in the top cap happened when the boat was 5-6 years old - I did not own it at that time, my best friend did and he would not challenge Gambler to repair it. The cause for it was that all four stringers delaminated due to hot lay up(I was told by the guy repairing it) Also... all 4 stringers were broke where they turn up at the transom. Reason: voids in the stringers. Ackerblooms response "It's an old boat."

The remaining photos are the boat as it is today "after" "repairs" were made. At this point in time according to my smart gauges I've run 24 gals. of fuel through the engine. Figure and average of 4 mpg and you can deduce I've run approximately 60 miles in 4 days of fishing. At this time I am not naming the repair facility as we will be in negotiation come early Monday morning. I will say this shop came recommended by Bob Ackerbloom - I should have known better than use it I suppose.

The last two photos are of what was supposed to be a repaired inner liner. It consist of maybe one layer of fiberglass followed by about 1/4" of marine grade bondo. I'm not sure what the foam was. I've used Great Stuff and it is even denser than what I'm pulling outta the boat.

Last edited by a moderator: