Spintech treble hooks

B

Bonsaibp

Basstar introduces the SpinTech treble hook. – The SpinTech Treble Hook reduces the chances of losing fish that spit out the hook.
Typical treble hooks attached to lures suffer limited range in angular rotation. In effect, they lock up in multiple positions and experience unnecessary leverage and torque that pry hooks out of fish’s mouths. SpinTech’s unique ability to rotate infinitely in either direction eliminates the locking problem completely. SpinTech hooks reposition themselves with the changing momentum of struggling fish. Simply put, SpinTech improves positive hook set and provides more fluid control over fish, no matter how hard they fight.
SpinTech Treble hooks are constructed with the line tie pin dropping directly down the center of the treble hook, so they remain balanced on any lure or bait and promote maximum performance. They are available in both freshwater and saltwater versions, and in standard or red finishes. Current size selections include #6, #4, #2, #1, 1/0, 2/0, and 3/0.
I thought this sounded a little too good to be true so I took it to the lake for a test. I changed the hooks out on a spoon and my buddy fished the same spoon with the regular hooks. I tend to lose about 2-3 out of 10 fish on a spoon usually. I got 7 bites and 7 hookups and my bud got 9 bites and only 5 hookups. Not really the most scientific test but still it convinced me.
I also changed out the hooks on a 8" Castaic swimbait but no takers to see if its easier to keep them buttoned. I hope so because with big swimbaits I lose alot of bites. I believe that it will help. I'm also going to try them on some big topwaters.
I was really amazed at how smoothly the hooks rotated . No hesitation just smooth turning even by just blowing hard on the hook. The hook quality seems to be pretty good, nice and sharp out of the package and still sharp at the end of the day. I believe that Basstar has another hit on thier hands.