The Times They are a Changin....

gonefishing7903

New Member's Liason
Staff member
BBM Staff Member
Boat
Javelin Venom 17
Feeling nostalgic and melancholy today gang. Settled into my new role as grandpa just to find out grandkid number 2 is on the way. Trying to balance out doing stuff for myself a little more instead of constantly busting my butt for everyone else 24/7. In that vein planned on treating myself to a two or three day trip to Lake Fork for my birthday as it's a landmark one this year. (Think I may get the boat working good enough to go anyway). After a more expensive than planned trip to academy, I stopped in to see my aunt and uncle while I was in town. My uncle was a hardcore tournament angler for many many years. His health turned bad a few years ago and he has been unable to fish. Today he told me he sold his boat and the way he was repeating himself let me know where to expect him to be from now on mentally. Dad has had some health concerns pop up in the last two weeks as well. He and I are the only two left in the family that fishes (unless you count my mom in law). In years past we had more fishermen in our family than those who didn't. Hopefully my little guy will take to it unlike his mom and aunt. Until then guess I have s lot of solo trips...