Throwin' out a question for mullin' over

N

Nightmare

I see as of 5 p.m. today, we stand at 492 members. It seems BBM is progressing steadily and at an enviable rate. I don't know if Kevin feels like its on track but if it were a traded investment, I believe it would be showing excellent growth. BBM is at this point since January of this year with the new format and here we are, going into the 1st of May. I'm thinking 1,000 members by the end of the year is a cinch.

While I was fishing down at Eufaula earlier this month, I was pondering how it doesn't take lots of excuse for a guy to seize the opportunity to go spend some time fishing and kickin' back with buddies. That brought me to the question, "What sort of interest might there be in a BBM Rally at Table Rock?". It's been done by a few sites I've spent time on, quite successfully on Bass Fishing Home Page and also on the now-defunct Stratos Owner's Board, along with obviously others as mentioned in Wayne's Rally section of BBM. I believe BFHP has even regionalized their rally program, although those horns were kinda taken control of by various members within those regions.

Besides the excuse to do some fishing someplace not yet fished and the opportunity for members to meet, Kevin can use it to showcase the forum for advertisers, and in turn, they can showcase their wares to those attending.

I expect it would take some organizing to get it done right and that's why I'm just throwin' the concept out there now. If most Mods and/or Kevin don't think that's something that we want to try then it ain't no big thing, just jackin' the jaw about so much a nothin'. If it sounds like a real possibility, then it's better to start trading ideas, aligning concepts, and exploring resources early on since it's not like planning a weekend camping trip. This is something that needs a total lead time of now until an anticipated date next year.

Just something I thought I'd throw out there and maybe I shoulda handed it to Kevin first for his thoughts since it would be HIS party. It would require him managing the timing to work out with his driving. I figured by this time having hung out on his "various formats" and helping where I could, my impression was that he wouldn't mind having it brought up here with everybody.

I can keep babbling but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Keep in mind that it would require a dedicated effort regarding various functions and arrangements, both in planning, preparation, andexecution (on site). This isn't going to be news to any of you that may have already helped put one together.