Trokar Hooks

Well yesterday I took some badly needed time off to go enjoy some fishing and finally got the chance to use the new Trokar Hooks.

To say I was impressed is an understatement. The hook design was basically standard.....there really isnt much of a change from any one's other hooks but that is where the story ends there.

The hook up ratio was just so much better using the Trokar. I was using the 3/0 hook on a 8" Zoom lizard and at first I was just a tad sceptical on whether I had enough hook for the amount of plastic. Well after threading on the first lizard that sceptisim left. The ease at what the hook penetrated the plastic is the first thing I noticed. Normally its a little tough getting a hook through the worm for the first time till you make a channel for the hook....not so with these hooks.

Then came the real test......with the wind blowing 90 to nothing I was already at a disadvantage trying to use plastics but thats what the fish wanted.......and to top it off they werent knocking the snot out of it......just kinda picked it up and would move off with it.....so you know the dilemma on feeling the fish with the wind and the subtle bite.....WELL let me tell ya that didnt slow me up a bit. The other 2 people in the boat were using 2 other very popular hooks and to say the least I was hooking up at a 2-1 ratio......and it was basically plain as the nose on your face.....with the hook penetrating the plastic as easily as it does all I had to do was tighten up and the hook would start through..once I knew she was on I would hit her and it was on then. I finally shared a trokar with my 2 friends and they started catching fish much better then.

So to sum it up...........Are they expensive.......yes a little but only if you like going fishing and just know you got bit and didnt get a hook into the fish. So in my book they arent expensive at all......If I am fishing I want to hook the fish and with a Trokar your chances of a hook up greatly increase. That is the HUGE difference between the Trokar and other popular brands. The trokar is just as strong ......The point lasted just as long as other popular brands.......BUT in my honest opinion the hook up ratio is superior and thats what makes Trokar stand out.

http://www.lazertrokar.com/

Last edited by a moderator: