Update on the Gambler...

Dougw

Welp... Talked to the owner of the shop in Florida that has my Gambler. They think thus far there has been no transom movement and the stress cracks on the top cap were caused by the way it was repaired. Appearently Gamblers have tri-axial cloth - along with someother "axial" cloth that the owner couldn't recall. IF all if it is not ground out - it cracks will return. He learned this from the company that supplies Gambler with their materials. Said the tech rep described the cracks my boat had - without ever seeing it.They are also going to extend the stringer splices about 2 feet from the current 4-6" splice that is there now. According to the owner the inner liner will never crack again when they're done and look like a new one as well. The color match should be much better as one of the flake colors, regal red, is no longer produced but I just happened to find some on e-bay, bought 8oz. and shipped it with the boat. Additionally they are replacing all the rub rail, retainer and insert to help clean the boat up - no charge. Hopefully when I get it back it'll be as it should have been when I got it back the first time. I'm'a hoping!

Last edited by a moderator: