Video: Greg Norman Catches World Record Size Hammerhead Shark Fishing With BlacktipH

Kevin

Senior Fisheman
Best Catch
12lbs
Boat
Charger
OutdoorHub
Video: Greg Norman Catches World Record Size Hammerhead Shark Fishing With BlacktipH

In the latest episode of BlacktipH, World Golf Hall of Famer Greg Norman catches a world record size hammerhead shark, and then jumps in for a swim with the massive beast!

After capturing drone footage of the giant shark hunting a blacktip – something neither Joshua nor Greg have ever witnessed – they hooked into a different blacktip and the hammerhead was on them in moments.

Greg, who ironically was known as “The Shark” when he played on the PGA Tour, fought the monster for nearly an hour with heavy tackle.

Greg Norman sporting his famed “Shark” logo during a golf tournament; Photo: Shark.com

A rather humorous moment occurs right before the guys begin to reel in the hammerhead, as Greg receives a call which he was presumably scheduled to be on..

“Hey, Hannah? I’m not going to make this call, I’m on a 1,3000 pound hammerhead right now..”

Sounds like this type of occurrence is pretty standard for Mr. Norman!

I just literally got hooked up on this thing, so I can’t do two things at one time,” Norman said with a chuckle.

Wise decision, sir, because he was about to take on the largest hammerhead shark both anglers had ever seen:

At an attempt to put the size/power of this world record size hammerhead into perspective, Greg recalls a point during the fight where his friend running the boat tells him they’re being towed by the shark with no line pulling out of the reel.. This is no Hollywood shark film.

The overall length of the shark was 175 inches (14ft and 7 inches). What an incredible catch!

Well done, gentlemen. Well done.

The post Video: Greg Norman Catches World Record Size Hammerhead Shark Fishing With BlacktipH appeared first on OutdoorHub.

Continue reading...