• The most advanced fishing machine ever built. The LCB Cat was designed by "THE LEGEND" Errol Lanier. It was built to handle all the needs of today's true high-performance anglers. The LCB Cat eats up rough water like no other boat in it's class The amazing ride speaks for itself,it's safe, comfortable, thrilling and just plain fun! The unique catamaran design is such a huge advantage over the standard v-hull.

Lanier Custom Boats

What's the dumbest fishing item you ever fell for?

bass2reds

Weapon of bass destruction
In about 1981 I saw an ad for Hairy Berrys in either Bassmaster or ABF American Bass Fisherman magazines which I had subscriptions for. It looked like a giant rubber blackberry with a treble hook inside and a giant rubber skirt over it. I ordered them and it came with a purple shirt that said "My Hairy Berry is irresistible". It was basically a big jig lure that pulled up nothing but weeds and scum. Then the ad on TV came out with the Lures that had a spring that wound up when you jerked it so the tail would wiggle for 10 seconds, can't remember what they were called but all I caught on it for $30 for 3 was a giant gar!
Then the Lightning Hook came out which was a spring loaded hook that was seedless until you jerked on it but it would never set and I lost lots of fish trying it. Here's a couple pics since I still have it. Luckily, for this one, it was a sample sent to me as President of my bass club at the time. Thought this might be a cool thread since we're all gullible to the next best thing. IMG_1489.JPG IMG_1490.JPG