Aliceville Reservior ie; Pickensville Lake Early May 2011

Boat
1998 HydraSports Z270
Most Current info I can come across is about 6 days old so it still falls into the catagory of "Early May" and usually May is good fishing anywhere with some exceptions as to varibles in Water Clarity, Water Temperature and whatever is happening weather wise that was not taking place the day before.

ALICEVILLE LAKE/RESERVIOR (Also called Pickensville Lake) is Massive. So Massive in fact that at least a third of it is in Mississippi.

Took forever to gather any degree of "current" info so I'll share with you what little I have found and if you are planning on fishing part of this enormous body of water, you'll have some idea of the latest, although it is a few days old.

Lake level is high and Muddy to Stained due to the aftermath of the stormy weather in April. No mention of water temps.

Crappie catch is fair to good. Areas of the lake getting attention were Coalfire and Pumpkin creeks, with the Pratt's Camp area also getting some attention. Fish were shallow around wood and grass as could be located. Crappie jigs seem to be working better than the live bait.

Bass reports are mixed from fair to good. Bass are being taken in shallow vegetation in spawning areas. Bait choices taking the fish were Flukes and Senkos as the best baits. Popular areas this past week were the backs of the sloughs in the Coalfire area.

Those after Catfish have reported some success just off the channel using both rod-n-reels and jugs. Current breaks and eddies using cutbait seemed to produce the best catches.

Will be checking back
Take Care Y'all