Boat Wise Saftey Drain Plug

remington

Senior Fisheman
Boat
Champion 202
Was sent the Boat Wise Saftey Drain Plug for testing. When it first arrived I was very excited about it but that quickly changed. I began by giving it the once over and realized the following:

Cons
1.) I would have to drill (I dont like putting anymore holes in my rig unless it's ablosutely a must)
2.) It dosent fit in the existing drain plug hole of my rig. (standard plug)
3.) I would have to remove the existing drain plug and replace it with the new one for a semi perm attachment and seal everything back up.
4.) No sealent and or gaskets came with it (but it was open prior to arrival)
5.) No directions came with it (again open prior to arrival)
6.) The plastic seemed cheap and I'm curious how it would hold up in extream cold temps.

Pros:
1.) It does what it says by releasing water out but not letting it in. I blew pretty hard through it and no air was released but was able to intake air with no issues. I know its not water.

2.) I like the idea and concept but belive it could be made better if it was a no drill plug made from tougher material such as brass and able to be put in like a stardard plug.

As greatful as I am for the oportunity to test this item I'm going to have to pass on it for my bass boat. I dont feel confident in it and there are just to many cons to the the pros.

Remmy