Cord Retractor

N

Nightmare

This is a bizzaro tip of the month. Bonsaibp takes his tips seriously so I resisted posting this there.

Ya ever notice the bother it is to have to wind or coil up your extension cord after charging up you TM batteries? I found the answer to that pita yesterday when I was out cleaning the snow out of the drive. Probably not a viable option for you south of mason-dixon line types as you won't have the required equipment sitting around.....;)

My boat sits in the yard just off the driveway, behind the house, awaiting the 2010 fishing season. I have it positioned so that I can hook up and drag it to the farm shop to work on things during the winter, if the mood so strikes me but I also have a cord run out to the on-board charger. I plug it in about every 2 weeks for a day just to keep 'em topped off....:rolleyes:

Well, I was running the snow blower and decided to run a pass down each side of the rig so if I wanted to run out to grab something from the boat, I didn't have to trudge thru the snow. Yeah, you're right - I forgot about the cord........:mad::eek::mad:

I reckon it took about .8 seconds to "retract" 110 feet of 14/3 extension cord around the blower auger. Fortunately, it chopped off the last 10 feet of extension that was plugged into the charger - woulda honked me off (even more) if the cord woulda got ripped out of the actual charger.

So, I had about 1/2 hour of untangling/unwrapping the cord off the auger during which I could ponder the error of my ways by not recognizing the patent possibilities of my "cord retractor". :icon_wtf: