Custom or Commercial---and why???

Most here know that I sell custom rods but I would like to know what most guys and gals think about when they buy a rod for fishing.

Price---is that a big factor in buying a rod or not? We all see the prices of our bass rods going up,even in the commercial market, so what part of pricing effects us when you buy?

Quality--Sure, we all want quality, but what good is the gold cermet guides at $200 for a set on a rod if we're drop shotting with 8lb line?? Where do you draw the line on quality vs overpricing?

Warrantee--We all want a warrantee, but at what cost? You might get a great warrantee only to find out it's going to cost you 60-75 dollars plus shipping to send that rod back. If a rod doesn't break within the first 30 days, it doesn't have a hidden malfunction that springs forth 3 years later. So whats the best scenario??? Limited lifetime, full lifetime or just a set number of years??

Curb appeal---We know where I'm going with this. Yellow, orange, red, when will it stop??? What attracts you to that next rod purchase and why??? Advertising, mouth to mouth, professional usages???

Anything else that I left out, (and I did) that you would like to comment on what drives you to buying that next rod.

Big D