Florida Report-Holeyland 5/15/2011

Eesctom

BBM Current Events Admiral
Fished Holeyland from 7:00 A.M. to 9:15 A.M. It was overcast in the morning with little wind and was perfect weather for fishing. Headed down the canal to the end and didn't get much the first hour. The storm clouds starting building and the lightning started cracking in the distance and then the fish turned on. I got a 3 pounder a 2 pounder and a small fish over the next 30 minutes or so and missed a few others. I could see the wall of rain heading down the cnal and the lightning was getting real close so i hauled back to the ramp and loaded the boat on the trailer. Was going to wait it out but decided just to head back home and get some other stuff done. I got a feeling that the rest of the day would have been good fishing.

On the positive side I got to try out my new frog rod which i got last week. Its a Powel 7'3 Frog Rod and I paired it with a Shimano Curado reel 200E7 with 50 pound power pro braid. Man I love this rod and reel fro frogging. Got all my fish on the horny toad in the pads.