Great Tour Friday.

My wife and I toured the factory Friday. I will say we were both impressed, all the little extra's they do that others will not take the time to do or even talk to a person about doing. Phonix does it and does it right, like sanding all the rough spots on the inside of the boat. Where if we were to add something new to the boat later on. Your arms and hands will not look as though you had a fight with a 12 pack and 6 cat's! I have rigged boats worth $500,000.00 and these would eat your arms up running new wires.
How about all those spots on lot of hull's that get stress cracks these hulls should not have this issue. Or the detail that they add to even the taping off of the hulls. Taking pride in there job and making sure to have a good edge along with sharp lines.. They even clean the inside of the hulls rather then leave all the nasty stuff there for the new owner to dig out of there pump's. Again I have worked on boats that cost over a million bucks, guess what these had stuff lift in the hull's to find its way into a pump.
The transom of these boats are build like a tank, Overbuilt all the way for sure. All the livewell and box's are the best built your going to find. And not going to come apart like some of the others have and will keep doing.
Most people will not give it a second thought, But that extra few days that hull stays in the mold. Is making a Phonix hull one of the best or the best one on the market. Not like some where you take 25 hulls and get one perfect hull out of that 25. Now the other 25 will be ok hulls and a few will be trash. You know the ones, the hook in the back or the pad that make's it a white knuckle ride each time you get it almost up on the pad. You know the one you have to learn how to drive or find your self getting out of it or its leaving the water.
When these people leave a hull in to cure out its taking longer to build each boat. But its also giving each hull that chance to turn into a smile hull. You know the ones that gives you smile each time you nail it. The hull stays where it should, Rock solid up on that pad allowing you to drive a boat with one hand and be under control.
These hulls were solid everywhere I could think of they make sure if it can happen or has happened to other boats. These will take it and keep coming back for more each time. Guy's & Gal's think of it this way Phonix has not been making Phonix hulls long. But add all the years each of the team has been doing it. They know what it takes to make a boat that a fisherman wants to use. So may company's only try to make a boat that looks great and not one that fishes as well as it looks or runs.. I think from the tour and reading up on them from people that has been fishing out of them. That the new kid on the block has there marbles all in the right pile.

If I were able to go out tomorrow and buy any boat, It would be the Phonix with a SHO on the back. There was 2 loaded up and leaving the plant yesterday. Man that motor sets that boat off and both look as though they were made for each other. Now I will say up front theres no way I can buy a new one right now. But sure will be looking at a used one soon. Something with a tandem axle trailer and the SHO hanging off the transom for sure. Even with it being a tax write-off for our company still can't see a new one . But down the road that may change .

Been through a lot of plants and this one does it right.

This is my half cent and i'm sticking to it, Also you can see I'm no writer and never will be one. But sure know a good thing when I see it.

Pete