Hit something underwater

B

Bonsaibp

I was going through an area where they were pulling 24'' rubber or plastic pipes across the river. There were lights buoys etc. indicating a 5 mile zone no prob. I past the last of the signs and stuff and hit the throttle just as I get on plane I notice a big black thing out of the corner of my eye and then the boat is about 2-3 feet out of the water. I thought i was going to flip it. After I landed and cleaned the chit out of my pants I checked the prop and tilt-trim and steering and everything seemed ok. So I went fishing I wasn't able to get as much speed as usual maybe 64 instead of 68 but didn't really think to much about it cause I've been playing with the setup since I got my prop back from Jay. When I pulled the boat out of the water I noticed the motor was crooked.
So I pulled the bolts hanging the motor onto the jackplate one at a tme and one of them was slightly bent and the hole enlongated. I loosened up the rest and with a friends help straightened out the motor as best as possible but its still off a bit. Is there any thing I can do short of getting a new jackplate? Is there a way to put a sleeve in the hole or something? I'd rather not spend the $ now if I don't have too. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
If it matters it a 6" manual j/p with a 2000 VMax 225 os66 hanging on it.