How to thread

CCP

Custom Lure Officer
Ok, guys in the next few days I am going to post pics and basic instructions on how to get started painting baits. I know several folks have asked me different things about the steps and methods.

To get started.....this is a general outline to of stuff that you will need to get started

1. Air compressor(nothing expensive....harbor freight is a great place to these) with a air pressure regulator and moisture trap.

2. Regular rattle can primer and gloss white enamel spray paint.....this is what you will prime and base coat the bait with

3. 400 grit sandpaper for removing and smoothing the surface of the lures you are going to paint

4. Airbrush....I suggest starting off with a brush such as a passche VL or equivilent. Starting off with a decent brush will acclerate your learning and will get you more accustomed to using a double action handle.

5. Paint.....Createx is the best to start with...good quality and it looks good too

6. Hairdryer to heat set your paint between coats

7. Patience:D

This is a general outline on equipment needed. In my next post I am going to show pics and go into detail in prepping and basecoating the lure. Stay tuned......