Johnson 150 low compression

cottonball

The motors an 80' model crossflow. It's been really reliable. With no real issues. But never been a big performer. On a 17 foot glassport I've never done better than 47. I've tried all sorts of props from # 20 aluminum. To 22 and 24 rakers and all that changes is rpm. So..... Bam!!!! Compression test time. While I did my compression test i figured id check spark and carbs too. Here's my numbers 75psi on 5 cylinders and 65 on the sixth. Spark looks great! In fact, my right hand is still tingling. Carbs, here's how i checked them. I idled the motor up with water ears on it and used a laser temp gun to check the cylinder temps. All within 10 degrees of 140. So they should all be getting equal fuel. Whats yall opinion. The three options I have are 1:rebuild 2: run it being that it runs good but slow and 3: mill the heads and run it. Options 1 and 2 are pretty cut and dry but option 3 is interesting. A lot of guys on scream and fly say on these old crossflows just to mill the heads. And rebuild it later when it drops a cylinder.