Kevin

Senior Fisheman
Best Catch
12lbs
Boat
Charger
OutdoorHub
NEW Elite Series Marabou Jig from Northland

Nature is hard to beat, especially in the world of fishing lures, where lure makers are always trying to innovate to make plastic, lead, and steel look and act like the real thing. This continues to be the case when it comes to fly and jig tying materials, it’s hard to beat nature when it comes to skirt and fly materials. Knowing this Northland Tackle has brought out the new Elite Series Marabou Jig. Using ultra-soft fluffy feathers in the jig skirt, marabou jigs have movement like nothing else out there. Marabou has been a long-time mainstay material for fly anglers who want a silky material that pulses in the water. The material was first used by a few innovative Canadian anglers to tie incredibly effective smallmouth jigs. While originally tied tediously in small batches, these new jigs are being produced in mass now by Northland but still tied by hand for a premium product.

The new Elite Series Marabou Jig from Northland is tied with premium marabou feathers, that are hand-tied onto a strong and sticky sharp Gamakatsu hook with bait keeper. These jigs are being tied in three proven, earth-toned patterns and in three sizes, – 1/16 oz., 3/32 oz., and 1/8-ounce. These jigs were made with very prudent input from a real Canadian bass angler and Bassmaster Classic Champion, Jeff “Gussy” Gustafson.

“The problem with quality marabou jigs is that it was always hard to find them, ones capable of landing big smallmouth bass, four pound plus fish. Most of the marabou jigs were designed for crappie fishing, so the hooks were light and low quality. So, I started tying my own.”

“I have tied hundreds of “fluffs” over the years and won thousands of dollars with them. I’ve tried every hook available and settled on a 604 Gamakatsu. It’s strong, yet extremely sharp and has proven capable of handling big smallies. So, we put the same hook on the new Northland Elite Series Marabou Jig.”

Elite Series Marabou Jig FEATURES:

• Handtied premium marabou feathers
  • Premium Gamakatsu® hook with bait keeper
  • SIZES: 1/16 oz., 3/32 oz., and 1/8 oz.
  • COLORS: Black, Black/Purple, and Brown
  • MSRP $8.99 (2 per card)
  • Available Now

The post NEW Elite Series Marabou Jig from Northland appeared first on OutdoorHub.

Continue reading...