New Rod Buckle installed!!!

A

aroney bassmaster

I have just finished installing a new Rod Buckle retractable rod strap. I finished it in about 30 minutes being really careful to get the hole cut right.

I started out by laying out some rods so I would know where the reels would be setting and laid out the pattern just above the reels.

It comes with a template that is located on the cardboard in the package. I put it against the boat and scratched the line out with a screw.

Once that was done, I drilled a hole in the center and then got out the drimmel tool. I cut the majority of the glass out and then swapped to a sanding disc to remove the rest.

Once I got the rod buckle in, I drilled some pilot holes for the mounting screws (make the pilot holes bigger than what you would normally do because I drilled them small and cracked the glass a little bit. I would recommend a size or two smaller than the screw).

I used a shop vac to suck up the fiberglass during the whole process to eliminate the mess. I would highly recommend this because it will make a mess.

After you have this part screwed down, pull it out to line up where the hook needs to go. Screw it down and call it done.

Last edited by a moderator: