Phoenix for 2011

Darth VMAX

Allison Boats Officer
I know I am in the minority. I have a suggestion for a new model for Phoenix Boats. Over the years boat manufacturers have killed most of the GOOD options for the family guy that can't afford two boats and wants or needs to have a platform that can pull double duty as a bass rig AND a family rig. True, its almost impossible to combine the two. In fact you usually end up with a compromise that for most (not all) leaves anglers dissatisfied with certain aspects.
Of course I am talking about a FISH-n-Ski Boat (with emphasis on the FISH aspect). Today, the vast majority of builders are making SKI-n-Fish boats (with emphasis on the SKI). They are fine for their purpose and there are some nice options out there. But nothing I would call suitable for "Serious" BASS Fisherman.
In my opinion Allison Boats followed second by Lanier Custom Boats would be in my opinion the two best options for a FISH-n-Ski boat for a die-hard BASS fisherman that has to have a boat that pulls double duty. They are it though and not what I would call "Traditional".

The Viper/Venom Coral 202 was an excellent FISH-n-Ski. But its no longer available
The Stratos 200FS was a good FISH-n-Ski, again no longer available
The Charger 475FS is a good FISH-n-Ski, available but I rate it as GOOD (could be better in many areas)
The Nitro 911CDC and Z9CDC could make a decent Fish-n-Ski as well

Enter Phoenix Boats: I believe if there is a company that could design a 20-21 ft FISH-n-Ski (lets say BASS-n-Ski) that caters to the Die-hard BASS Fisherman with a family with boating needs,,, PHOENIX could design it.

WE are talking a boat with;
The length and beam that will allow a 250-300hp max rating
Perhaps based on the 721 Hull (See Viper 202 using the 201 Bass hull)
A LARGE front deck (see Viper Coral 202) with REAL rod storage
Seating for at least 5.
A tournament sized dual Live-well
Optional Walk-through Glass or Bassboat style windshields (see Triton 190FS)
Many, many more amenaties...(you get the idea)

I am just kind of spitballing here...but I think this admittedly smaller segment of the Market has been allowed to disintegrate. Phoeninx could offer a REAL Choice for us family guys if they chose to.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Last edited by a moderator: