Pricing on a new Phoenix 719 vs Ranger Z519

dwbeck2

I'm planning on ordering a new rig in January next year. I think I have my choices narrowed down to a Ranger or Phoenix. Both look like very good quality boats and have comparable ride/handling in my humble opinion. Each with its +/-'s. I was however, very surprised after getting quotes from the dealers in my area that comparably rigged boats (dual console, Fortrex, HDS 7 & 8, structure scan, custom color scheme, similar equiped trailers, boat covers, power poles, 200 SHO) were within $1200 of each other. I dont say this because I think one boat is any better or cheaper than the other (I like both boats), I say this because from all of the discussions I have read on the bulletin boards was that the new Phoenix boats where such great "Value" and the Rangers were overpriced because of "Marketing Costs". I live in Michigan and only have close access to 2 dealers in my area and was wondering if anyone else on the BBM has had similar results comparison shopping recently in other markets.
Additionally, if anyone has either of these boats I would like to hear your objective likes and dislikes on them. I'm 50/50 right now. Thanks for everyones input.