Saturday Fishing Trip

VIP

MO. Fishing Report Officer
Well here at the Lake of the Ozarks (Mo), I took my son for a little bass fishing trip. The day started of a little slow, with 12-15" bass about every 45 minutes or so. After dodging 2 ft waves from those cabin cruisers competing to see who could burn off 100 gal of fuel before they put them sea-going vessels up for the winter, we started to get the pattern down. Caught a 4lber on top-water buzzbait, and I didn't care about them waves any more.LOL.
So I decided to take him home to the pond, and decided to keep a few for dinner. Well, thru them in the livewell and turned on the aerator. About 30 minutes later the boy checked on them, and they were about out of water. So I figured he didn't the plug in good. So refill the livewell, and 30 minutes later, yep, out of water. So I stopped fishing, and tried to find the leak. Well it looked like it was coming from the drain hose. So I figured I'll just leave the aerator on, as I had just installed an automatic bilge pump last week, after the old one went kaput. So off to fishing again. The boats got heavy and the fish quit biting, so I called it a day. That's is when all hell broke loose.
The boy looked down and saw water coming up from the floor. DAMN!! The bilge pump was not working! So I dug down to reach the bilge, and pulled it up and saw trash (crappie tubes, candy wrappers, some foam, etc...) sticking out from the bottom of the bilge. Just then, WHAM!! smoke started rolling out from it. Yup!! Burned out the bilge. Boat half full of water, 2 miles from the ramp, lots of big boats, trolling motor starting to die. So I put the boy at the front of the boat, smashed the throttle, the I went in front of the console (still holding on to the wheel) trying to get the turd to plane. Took about 1 minute. Well, we made it (after lots of praying), and got to the ramp to find this geezer who couldn't back the trailer for nothing.:wallbash: We finally made it home, to check out the boat. The freakin livewell had cracked. Not repairable, or at least me not wanting to trust trying to repair. So I guess my winter repair started a little early this year. Oh well!! Off to order a new pump (again!!) and cut out my tank. So, how was your weekend????