1983 tidecraft spitfire 15 footer

wtthacker

Well first off just wanna say hello to everyone and thanks a million for inviting me to join this awsome site i just bought my first bass boat over the weekend the boat is a 1983 tidecraft spitfire w/ a 70 hp johnson the boat is in great shape to be 26 yrs old i think. the motor runs good just needs to b tuned carpet and paint is shot the front deck has a few soft spots i removed the entire front deck today all the way to the fiberglass on the bottom the main deck and rear deck are very solid (rear deck is all fg) so when i replace the front deck do i need to sandwich plywood between the fg again or can i just use plywood then carpet w/ fg under plywood also all 4 lids r made out of fg and dont seem very sturdy would it b wise to replace them with plywood or is their a way to make them stronger ive had 3 jonboats and decked them all so i should b able to handle replacing this deck and if u all have any tips on were to start that would be great my planes r to redeck paint carpet new seats tune motor and then get my fish on im goin to do everything except paint and tune motor my wifes uncle is goin to do the paint job thank god ill post sum pics asap and thinks for taking time to read my post and any tips:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon: