1994 Johnson 225 sitting unsed for two years

86 inches

Hi, my name is Steve and I am a motor abuser...

I have a 1994 Johnson Venom 225 that has been sitting in the hot Arizona sun for two... no ... almost 3 years! Last winter I noticed it had leaked an oily fluid from the lower unit... I think that's where it came from. The last time it was run was the summer of 08'... right after its yearly maintenance...and it ran good and strong. It did have a problem occasionally stalling when just starting to accelerate or when pushing up on the trailer... but I suspect that it was a fuel supply problem in that I could prevent the stall by pumping the fuel bulb. This is the second powerhead, BTW... the first was covered by the factory warranty... this one has relatively few hours on it... maybe 400? (That's a guess... haven't looked at the hour meter)

Anyway... Its going into to the shop next week. What kind of things should I be concerned about ... or ask questions about... or be sure to have them check. I'm sure that the shop knows how to approach this problem but I would appreciate any education you guys can give me on the matter... words of wisdom... whatever. I suspect the trim motor will need to be replaced... I checked it yesterday and it sounded horrible and was weak going up.