23-24 ft Allison

Darth VMAX

Allison Boats Officer
Hey guys.

When I was at the Allison Plant back in July I saw the new 23-24 ft Sportboat peeking out of one of the garages. Of course it looked very rough it being a test boat and all. I didn't get very close so I can't comment much on it except its a closed bow and the seating area is not a whole lot bigger than the current XS2003 Grandsport (why?)

MY question to not only Allison owners but to ANY basser.

If Darris decided to build a BASSBOAT based off of this boat, would ANYONE buy a 23(+) ft bassboat? Do not even think about cost but concentrate more on sheer size. Would you fish out of a boat that big?

My opinion, unless you are fishing the Great Lake, It seems to me the 20-21.5 is the biggest MOST people feel comfortable with. Triton used to have a HUGE TR-22 basser but they discontinued it years ago. Gambler/Sterling has a 22 ft Boat but I think they sell more 2100's. Bullet has a 21'10" boat that is VERY successful and I wouldn't be at all surprised if those out-sold the 20' Bullets. Ranger, Champion both had 22 ft boats but I don't see them very often either...