Barra Dundee lands monster

Aussie

BBM Personel Director
Barra Dundee lands monster

<!--ARTICLE TITLE END--><!--ARTICLE IMAGE 1 START-->
Fish wrangler: Matt Williams, 41, of Malak, shows off his monster catch that he caught by hand down at Buffalo Creek on Friday night.

<!--ARTICLE IMAGE 1 END-->
<!--ARTICLE AUTHOR AND DATE START-->
August 23, 2010

<!--ARTICLE AUTHOR AND DATE END--><!--ARTICLE TEXT START-->A NORTHERN Territory man cast out traditional fishing methods when he successfully caught a monster barra with his bare hands after an unholy wrestle in shallow water.
Matt Williams, 41, has been re-badged Barra Dundee after he snatched not one, but two, of the critters from Buffalo Creek on Friday night, according to the NT News.
The first surprised barra was a respectable 65cm, but the second was a proper heifer at 106cm and weighing about 15kg.
"I took me mates from down Adelaide to see if we could spot some crocs - just to give the boys a bit of a thrill," the Malak man said.
Their spotlighting efforts didn't turn up anything, until they saw a pair of glowing eyes - barra eyes.
No one had any fishing gear with them. So in went Mr Williams, without a thought for the crocs he'd been hoping to spot.
"I more or less snuck in the water ... I tried to grab it with my hands and push it up," he said.