Champion boats and TI Trailers

remington

Senior Fisheman
Boat
Champion 202
Not a lot of people know this but the first owner of Champion Boats (John Storie) gave the first owener of TI Trailers (Dallas Gross) a loan to begin his trailer company. In the early 80's my grandfather left Champion (salesman) and went to Skeeter. He ran a deal with Skeeter and got a hold of Dallas and asked him if he wanted to build trailers for Skeeter. Dallas responed with a hell yea. Dallas sold TI in the mid 80's to EZ Loader but stayed on to run the place for a while. He also became largely involved in buying cattle for his ranches. Sadely Dallas was killed in a car accident in the early 90's. Everyone that ever new Dallas Gross never had a bad word to say about him. TI built trailers for Champion on and off until they left Mt. Home in 2001.

The Gross family were my neighbors for several years until we moved north. His oldest son and I were pretty good friends and growing up next to a stock pond we spent many hours fishing it together. Dallas and my father went to Alaska together on a hunting trip when Storie was big on spending a lot of time in Alaska and bring his clients and employees up.

Anyhow "back in the day" if you bought a Champion rigged boat chances are your towing it with a TI/EZloader Trailer.