Everglades Holiday Park 1-1-13

Revenant

Active Fisherman
Figured I would start the year out fishing.

Water is down about a foot from a month ago, but is still high. Launched out of Holiday Park at 8AM (I like sleeping in) and went South on the L67 to the Miami canal junction. Got a few hits on Texas rigged pumpkin seed worms/lizards. Week before I picked up a 7 pound five fish limit from that spot so nothing great.

After that we went to the S-9 and Miami Canal junction and fished the super clear waters. Lots of hunting birds in the area so we had high hopes but it didn't pan out. Lots of giant carp in that area. Weed beds are incredibly thick there. I was knocked off plane when I hit one in the center of the canal last week. Water depth is passable

Took the Miami Canal North to fish camp and managed to pick up a couple bass as we drifted through. Again, nothing great.

Around noon we called it a day and headed back to the ramps. Something neat happened though. We had a strong wind kick up and we got a legitimate chop on the canals. The L67 had solid 1 footers rolling through and a couple broke over the back deck while I was fishing. Z-6 handled it great.