eye balled the new phoniex 721 today

zooker

i have seen pictures and heard guys talk about them. but this is the first time i have actually got to eye ball the beast...mind you it is a dealer demo i was looking at..several things really peaked my intrest.

i seen that the drain hole in the pro troll tray-which was gel coated glass-was the same size as a regular boat plug.instead of those lil bitty-easy to plug up- holes found on other rigs.

the driver side tie down cleat was nice but the driver consule was more impressive. they added a plastic cowl piece under the steering wheel.much like you see in your truck the lower dash/trim piece..my thought about it was i have only had to go under my dash once in 8 years on my boat..it was quite neatly organized under there.

the removable passager side consule is one of the best ideas i have seen.since the pro troll tray...

aluminum lids on every compartment.-why does ranger still use thos pos glass lids?-

i was not really all that impressed with the lazy susan tackle organizer. but the back box compartment was set up to hold around 50 plano boxes 25 or so were set at 30 degrees so you colud see what was in the plano box..instead of the standard 90 degree stacking system.-which you can't see into the box-a great idea there ifin i do say so..

ok the boat had a atlas hydro jack plate. the dealer had a 250 ho e-tech on it.. how ever i know the prop was a last mintue thing.. they had a 24p 3 blade ss prop on it-wtf??-..my buddy rodney drove the boat he hit 72 gps while whaling away at the rev limiter. that is 72 with 3 guys in the 300 pound range and a 20mph wind on a choppy lake..

as for fishing it fished as well if not better than any boat i have been in.. none of that obseen wind drift ya get with a champion..
i belive the salesman said $43,000 fully rigged with the 250 ho e-tech that aint bad for a 21 foot bass rig..

i am eagerly awaitin the 18 footer from phoniex. i am still looking..but i was impressed by what i saw..

zooker