first time out

Well I finally got to put some me time aside and get out to do some fishing
Went to the Hudson with a bud. He said he tore em up on wed with a best 5 smallies going around 27 lbs. Thats a BIG bag of smallies here in NY. One went 6.5lbs. So off we go. Everything in the boat worked after almost 5 months of layup. Wouldn't expect nothing less from a merc :)

On the second cast he gets one around 5 and man I was stoked. Well we went another 3 hours without a tap. Then all he!! breaks loose. The suckas woke up or something cause we caught a ton in about an hour.
The tide started dropping and we went to the wood. A lot of sunken 1920 barge skeletons on the river.
Small bitsy jigs with craw trailers were the answer. We started out looking for largemouth but that didn't pan out.
My best 5 probably went around 19lbs but my buds went around 22.
Temp was in the 70's no wind and no other boats cept them idiot striper fishermen drifting live bait. 6 guys in a 16 foot aluminum boat was the typical rig. they looked like they were sinking.
What a day. If the rest of the year goes like Saturday we gonna have one heck of a year.
Woke up Sunday thinking about going back and around 8 I get 2 phone calls. Customers with problems. So much for another great day. :rolleyes: