First Tournament Results

Saturday April 18,2009 was our first tournament at Grand Lake, St. Mary's, Ohio. We were on good fish all week but then the rains fell causing the lake to rise several inches. We had 42 boats for a total of 84 entries. We finished fourth and I also had big fish which was 1.51 lbs. We cut a real good check and received $400.00 for big fish alone.

Pattern: Shooting Docks was the primary pattern going into the tournament but the high water covered the openings of them making it almost impossible to shoot them. Our backup pattern was flipping the outside dock posts near the deeper water. Water was 57 degrees and stained, water depth was 3 - 5 feet. Primary lures we used were Southern Pro Stingers under ice bobbers three feet down Pearl/Chart. and Red/Chart.
Southern Pro Hot Grubs were used to shoot the docks and pontoons without a bobber. Colors were Acid Rain, Red/Chart. and Bad Blood.

We are now preparing for Buckeye Lake tournament May 2, 2009 and I hear the lake is down 18" - 24" there..... might be tough to even get on there.
I have pictures coming and will post as soon as they arrive to me.
Get out there and get ya some!!!