float and fky

S

Stinkies Daddy

with winter approching i'm actually happy to get a chance to fish for green carp!!!!!

we have a heated lake not to far from here that produces some pigs for this area, agv is bout 4 to 7 lbs. here is my method. 7' light spinning rod slow action, mitchell 300 spooled with 10/2 power pro, can't tell you the exact hook size but i can stick my index finger in the bend and its a tight fit tied directly to the p/p, 1 big shot, bout the size of a 36cal ball ( adjust this to the size of your bait ) 18" above the hook with a 1.5" thill slip cork above the shot. choice of bait depends on time of day, for early morning i like to use the big bass minnows, during the day i like to use the big fresh water shrimp if available. this is a very fun way to fish! believe me that even on a windy day that there is no mistaking a strike for wave jump on the cork

Note: i use a slow action rod because there is no need for that lighting strike hook set that most of y'all green carp guys have become famous for. typically because you will be using live bait the Green slimmie will hold bait alot longer than he will a jig or other atrificial, giving the rod more time to load and do almost all the hooksetting for you. the hook set is more like a deep sea hook set where you just quickly yank back as the rod loads, no need to pop it into his mouth because he's got it and aint to ready to let go of it!

i do hope y'all will give this a try and experiment with the way that i do and have some fun, y'all wont be sorry