Floating Skid Plate Test Update

90profx

Ok boys, now since I got some time on the water with the floating Skid Plate,where's what I found...................................:rolleyes:

Here's an update and results for running a Floating Skid Plate........................
PRO'S:
** A floating "Skid Plate" on a Hyd. J/Plate will help you run level at lower speeds/rpm's with less trim in.
** It will reduce if not eliminate the backwash of water that comes up through your J/Plate when you come off plane.
** It will help you launch with a full live well faster.

CON'S:
You will need to readjust your method of launch since the Skid Plate does change the flow of water from the bottom of the boat when using a floating Skid Plate design. This again is dependent on the type of prop your running O/Hub or Thru/Hub exhaust. O/Hub exhaust tend to blow out slightly requiring you to feather the throttle a little, really no big deal. Thru the hub exhaust is more forgiving and gets a better bite not having to deal with loosing bite because of the exhaust gases mixed in the blades.

Bottomline..............If I had it to do again, would I, "YES", the PRO'S out weigh the CON'S by a long shot.