Great weekend of fishing on Table Rock

THLove0427

Well, I had a great weekend fishing on Table Rock. On Saturday, I was fishing from a float tube while my wife hung out in the water reading and listening to the radio. I use a float tube when the bass boat is not in the water, and we are using the larger boat.

Anyway, took my fly rod, and in about 5 hours time, I caught over 150 rock bass (goggle eye, warmouth..., whatever you call them). Most were 6-7 inches with a few at almost 10, and several that were only about 1-2 inches. But what a way to waste the day away.

Today, I went out at 5:00 am, and caught a few smallmouth on topwater until aroun 6:00, then switched to white bass by the damn. I caught almost two dozen in around 2 hours, most 14-16 inches, with a half dozen that went to 20+. All came on a 3/8 oz spoon with a feathered trailer that I swapped out. They guys fisning near me were catching fish, but never got the large ones - I think the feather had a lot to do with them. A great morning, and a great way to end off my weekend before heading home.

Next week, more of the same, though I think I'm shooting for the whites again in the early morning, and then doing some trout fishing on Taneycomo later in the day for dinner.