Just becasue you own a bassboat...

Fishin4Fun

Fishing4Fun
Why is it that just because you own a bass boat most other bass boat owners assume that you fish tournaments? I had a run in with some guys from a local bass fishing club last year about that. I was fishing on a weekday alone and while I was fishing near the boat launch I could see a truck with 2 guys in it in the parking lot. I didn't think nothing about it since a lot of people come down to the river on their lunch hour just to sit and relax. I was done for the day tied the boat up to the dock backed my trailer in and pulled the boat out. Then as soon as I got out of the truck these guys came and pulled up and starting ragging on me saying that I can't be pre fishing the tournament. I told them that I don't fish tournaments and that I could fish anytime and anywhere on public waters I wanted to. I guess they didn't believe me so the other guy says well I'm still taking your number down and reporting to the club. He told me that I shouldn't be fishing here because there is a tournament going on this weekend. I told them in no uncertain terms to you know what and then they left. It just got me PO'd because they wouldn't listen to me and thinking that this was there own private waters. I haven't had any problems since. Has this happened to anyone else?