Looking for the right prop when running heavy

I have an '89 Procraft Stalker (17') single-console with a 1984 Merc/Mariner 150 hp., 15 splines on shaft.
I have a 6" jackplate (manual operated) and the prop shaft is 7" below the pad (if I can call it a pad.)
I have a Quicksilver # 11078 ACJ 25P stainless steel prop on it.
When I bought the boat, I put a whaletail on it because it took too long to get on plane and it works fine when I am by myself in the boat.

When I have a buddy in the boat, adding 200-250 lbs. it takes a lot longer to nose over and get on plane.

The other day I dinged (minor) my prop and and having it reworked as I write. Should be ready in 3 days. I plan on putting it back on for when I am by myself. I am happy with it and reach 5,800 rpms WOT trimmed right.

I borrowed a buddy's spare prop a Mercury Mirage Plus # 48-13704 23P stainless steel, with 3 3/4" vent holes (no inserts) all fully open and it seems to jump on plane well by myself but haven't tried it with a buddy and the extra weight in the boat yet.

As much as I have searched, I cannot seem to find what the numbers on a prop mean (other than the pitch number, which I do know). Anyway to find out what the Mfgr. numbers mean or a site that identifies what the numbers mean will really be appreciated.

I did try a Lazer prop with a narrower barrel, 4" with no weed ring, so the exhaust gasses flowed outside the barrel/hub and it jumped up on plane really fast. But, of course, the exhaust not just going thru the hub really cut into the top end speed and I was afraid of surpassing WOT rpms of 5,800. Obviously I opted to not keep it and have thought about keeping the Mirage mentioned above, waiting until I get a buddy and test it with the extra weight in the boat before I drop the money for it.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if I could have vent holes drilled into my Quicksilver 25P prop mentioned above? And, would it help the holeshot and get me on plane quicker with the added weight of a buddy on the boat?

Of course, if you have a better suggestion to help me get a better holeshot and up on plane quickly, I am all ears. My original idea was to use the original prop when fishing by myself and using a second (spare) prop when I have a buddy in the boat. If there is a prop recommendation that would achieve both results (alone and with a buddy) then I would obviously get that prop and then keep my original 25P as the spare.

Long read, I know, but I am trying to give as many facts as possible so the best advice/recommendation can be made for me.

Thanks in advance.