minn kota I-Pilot

m17glock

after reading everything i could find on these new units (which isn't a lot) and after selling a bunch of stuff to get the funds
i ordered the 80lb 60" shaft terova unit from a local marine dealer here in chattanooga.
i finally got to try it out and MAN what a piece of technology !!! the part that got my interest the most was the "spot lock" feature which some call electronic anchor or virtual power pole.

this feature is supposed to keep you with in a 5ft circle of where ever you push the button to activate it . now i dont have any proof about the 5 ft circle BUT it did keep me in my target area MUCH
better than i ever could on my own . with the wind and wakes from other boats and current keeping it pretty busy. it worked extremely well keeping me in position for shooting docks as well as fishing deeper of shore structure.

the advanced autopilot worked very well also keeping me on track following a straight piece of shore line with wind and boat wakes that would have made it a constant battle for me on the foot peddle. it also maintained a very consistent speed at .5 mph which i could verify on the gps of my hummingbird 798. the 2 units always agreed with each other on the speed , which is adjustable in 1/10 mph increments.

the 80lb thrust was able to get my heavy 20ft viper up to 3mph at full thrust .

i didnt get a chance to try the record a track feature. since i dont do a lot of trolling i dont think i will use this that much.

more to come as i put this thing to more use