My new 2012 Nitro Z6 arrived!

Dirtlvr

It's going to be a great summer! This is my first boat, unless you can count a 22’ pontoon as a boat.

I ordered a 2012 Nitro Z6 in late February from my local BPS with some carefully selected options. I've spent the last year or so talking to people and reading forums and soaking up knowledge in order to do this once, and to do it right the first time around. Many thanks to all that have posted as you helped shape my purchase decisions. So I thought I’d take some time to say thanks and share my experience.

Order Specs:

Standard Merc ELPT OptiMax (non Pro XS) – I’m not going to be racing to fishing holes
24 volt trolling motor upgrade (for the extra battery, more on this below)
Hydraulic seat pedestals
KeelGuard
Hydraulic Steering (best money spent in upgrades at only $595, it’s almost 4x this price to add after the fact)
Retractable trailer tie downs

The Moto Guide 24v trolling upgrade came off along with the stock 2 bank charger and were replaced with the additions listed below. BPS did a super professional job of rigging this boat and were meticulous about every last detail.

Additions:

Minn Kota 315D 3 bank charger
Minn Kota Terrova 80# thrust with i-Pilot
Lowrance HDS-7 Gen 2 on the bow

Photo attached is with the add-ons installed and the boat freshly detailed and waiting for me at Bass Pro this past Saturday. I can’t say enough good things about the whole buying experience. The Bass Pro in Bolingbrook, IL is top notch!

Happy fishing all!

Attachments