One For The Eeidgit (spelling meant) Record Books!

Allyda

I loooove to fish and light the water on fire!!
Hi guys, I've been wrestling with the stupidity of this since my neighbor and I (him w/o me there) inherited this 16 ft TideCraft. You will see what I mean, and hopefully get a good laugh at what a stupid idiotic thing the previous owner did like I did when I first saw the atrocity done to this otherwise very restorable (we're still gonna try) little bass boat.

Take a good look at the photos paying close attention to the left side cap above the transom. Yes, this shameful deed was done to both sides with a skill saw, of all things. Supposidly so these eeidgits could install a clamp on tiller steered 10 horse. :wallbash: For the love of me I can't figure out why you would want to put a 10 horse on a boat like this, but this is what they did-cut from the bilge door nearly all the way to the transom!-On both sides, then changed their minds.

And here's the saddest part of all-the boat's transom is solid through and through. It has nice thick knees in great condition not a thing wrong with the transom area with the exception of the skill saw cuts. I'll let the photos speak for themselves...

The hull is in great shape. Overall with the exception of the junk in it and the cuts, it could easily be a nice little bass boat. It even has the original trailer.

Boat is rated for 100 HP. We got a very much older but running V4 85 HP Rude with it (remember the gold & white cowlings?). The fourth photo shows a little of the engine cover of the 85 hp-not sure of year but it's an older one that I am sure of.

Anny suggestions guys on how to get started fixing the damage that's been done with the skill saw? My neighbor really likes this 16 ft TideCraft and wants to fix it up for himself? That is, after you get past laughing at the skill saw & other atrocities?

However we fix it I'll keep it photo documented and post here and there from beginning to end.

Thanks in advance guys. :shotgunn6kb::sign0151:

Attachments