opinion on a boat...

zooker

i am looking for a new boat.as you all know i am looking for a boat in the 17.5' range.i am tring to rid myself of two boats a buy just ONE.. my old jon boat is on its last legs. and the stratos gets paid off in just over 2 years..

i am looking heavily at tin boats. i took a test drive in an xpress...great boat and great layout but real narrow 73" wide front deck on a 18 footer felt REAL CRAMPED.. and i am a big guy who likes space.

the g3 i am looking at is a 17 footer with a 85" wide front deck. alot more front deck space.. alot better storage.. the xpress was an open storage compartment.in other words ya just opened the hatch and was lookin at the hull.. the g3 has liner storage-like a regular bass boat-i have a quote on the 17 g3 with a 90 2 stroker yammer. for $18,900 .. but with about $4000 worth the extras. puts me at $22,000 or roughly $250 a month..not bad consitering a ranger of the same size equiped the same is around $29,000..

mind you a jack plate,hot foot,lowrance system,and a 82 pound thrust troller are in the extras..

what are you guys opinion of the g3???

zooker