Possible new tournaament formats

Dougw

Back when I used to attend local auto races from time to time they'd change what it took to win. I think it'd really be neat to see some of those formats applied to bass tournaments.

Austrailian Black Flag race - A race with the number of laps determined by the number of cars in the field. How it worked:

The race would start and they'd get 5 laps to get everything sorted out. THEN... on every subsequent lap the car in last place would be black flagged and removed from the race until there was only one car left. The winner.

Bass tournament format for it - Weigh in every hour until only one angler was left standing - the winner. Would work well in the final 12 format in BASS. In a large field the tournament could cover several days. The contestants could be reduced using the traditional tournament format and then have a 2 day black flag fish-off.

I don't know the name of this one but what they did was, prior to the start of the race they would announce that 3rd place(or second or fourth) would be declared the winner. The drivers were aware of what it took to win. Heck of'a race format. The drivers had to stay up front for a shot at the winning position but not too far up front. Lotta brakes at the finish line as everyone tried to capture the winning position.

Fishing format: Would require multi day tournament or weigh-ins throughout the day. Could be each hour, every two hours or anything just so the anglers knew where they were coming to the wire. Radios could announce the interval standings at each specified interval.