Problems with Yamaha V-Max 225

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to bass boats and I love bass fishing so at the beginning of this year I bought myself a 1999 Tirton Tr-21 with a Yamaha V-max 225. As for some additional info, the boat didn't come with much equipment so I added a Minn Kota Maxxum 101 with three group 31 batteries for the TM and one group 24 cranking battery. I also added a Minn Kota 460 battery charger.

This weekend was the first time I put the boat in water and immediately I ran into problems with trying to get the boat on plane. With the trim all the way down as I gave gas with the hot foot, my engine started acting weird, it started thumping, like it would go and then just cut off/blow out. I then pumped the gas till the bulb became to hard to pump and tried again but the same resut. So then I decided to trim up and see what would happen then, and as I gave gas the nose would lift and never come down. So then my friend decided to stand at the bow of the boat to try to bring the nose down, and it worked and we got on plane but as soon as I gave more gas my engine would cut again. So I repeated the above this time lowering the trim as my nose went down and I was able to stay on plane longer but again as I pushed the pedal to the floor the engine would cut.

Since I'm new to bass boating I really have no idea what the problem can be. My boat has no jack plate, the prop I have is three bladed and reads 27-M and I noticed that with all the additional weight in the back of the boat from the new batteries and charger bow sticks up higher then what I usually notice on other bass boats on TV. Is this a weight distribution problem? as gas line problem? Do I need to add a jack plate? Like I said I'm very new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.