remington 700

fla firefighter40

Military Scuttle Butt Officer
i watched a show last nite that i had taped last week. it was titled"remington under fire." cnbc did a piece on the remington 700 and how it has or had a misfiring problem. they talked to different people who have been injured by, and even one family whose son was accidently killed from the problem.
apparently when the gun was first designed, it had a problem with the safety and trigger.sometimes when you would take the safety off it would somehow cause the gun to fire without the trigger being pulled. there was even some video footage of military personnel showing this happen. the military has been using the 700 for a long time.
the man who first designed the 700 was even interviewed, and he even said he brought the problem to the company, but because of how much it would cost to recall and fix every gun, they didn't do anything about it. the man even said " you're gonna get me in trouble with remington."
there's alot more to the story so if you can somehow find it, watch it. i found it very interesting. especially because the 700 is one of the most popular and respected hunting rifles out there.
i am in no way bashing remington.i am still considering the 700 as one of my choices when i buy my rifle in december.has anyone else heard anything about this story?