Some help, please???

Hello out there.
I've just joined the Bass Boat Magazine forum and am anxious to learn a lot. For the last 7 years I've fished out of a 21' Kenner CC bay boat on Lake Livingston (never had the boat in salt water). I'm a bass fisherman at heart ... for the last 50 years ... and have had lots of compromise when flipping docks out of the Kenner. It has been a great boat, however and I have enjoyed it. My boat prior to the Kenner was a 1991, 17' Pro Gator, with a 100 Mariner. I really loved that little boat and it was perfect for getting up into the cypress stands on Caddo and Cross Lake. I gave it to my brother-in-law when I moved to Houston, and he still takes me fishing in it when I make it back to N. Louisiana to visit.
I'm gonna retire in a couple of years and want to retire to a lake house in NE Texas, maybe Lake Fork. (My wife and I spent a couple of days fishing there in late June with Rick Collis. We caught 30 over 6 lbs., with 7 over 7 lbs., and she had big fish honors with a 9 3/4 lb. beauty. I got "Fork Fever" really bad!)
I'm interested in trading my bay boat in on a new bass boat. I don't need a "tourney boat" but I want something nice and reliable. I'm looking at Triton, Skeeter and Ranger, in a 20' range. I'd really appreciate any insight from you guys with recent bass boat experience. Any help?
Thanks!
Tom