Stratos hit the water today...first time

fishbone1

Finally, finally....got her out on the water today.
Was windy, no fish, but nice warm sunshine..sort of weird after a long winter.
Launch went well.
Had trouble with rods/bait set ups because of new tackle boxes and things in a different place. Nothing was routine like with the old boat. It will fall into place with a couple of outings.
Engine sound freaking great. V engines always sound better.
Once out of the no-wake zone I put her up on plane and at 3K rpm was moving at 27 mph. Bumped it a little faster and it surged at any increase. It was like goosing my worked-over Harley.
I tried some hole shots. I've read about hole shot times. This was like instant to reach plane. Timing would be splitting seconds and not worth the effort.
At 3,500 rpm, any push in the throttle made the boat leap ahead. The power there is incredible.
The steering seemed strange in that I had to put a lot more wheel into it for course change that I would have thought.
I'm new to high performance, so I'm sneaking up on things.
The lake had a lot of floating logs on it and didn't seem smart to run at high speeds too much. I thought some of the logs were floating dead deer.
Loading onto the trailer was a trip. I had a dead abeam port wind blowing which made the trailer a moving target. I must have made 8 runs at the damned thing, finally hitting it kind of sloppy like. I looked like a fool out there.
All in all, it went well. The trim gauge is not working which the dealer will check out. All else was ok.
Now for some fish.
You always remember your first time. :party0045:

http://s303.photobucket.com/user/rag_18/library/VLO/040913