the 71 terry story

zooker

being as i am a fisherman.i had been looking to restore a vintage bass boat..when i found one that had been sitting for ten years in a garge..i located the owner and for $300 i bought it..

ok so it is older tham me -by three years-

after putting new tires on the trailer i towed it home.good thing it was not far..

shortly after these pics were taken i went to move it into the garge with my four wheeler and the trailer broke.. rotted slap out.. i know an old friend with a good trailer in his pig pen- don't ask-..i bought it for $20..

after i blasted and repainted the trailer.

i started on a year long fun filled moter tear down.:wallbash::wallbash:

i started with the seemingly endless sanding and filling of the top cap..
since the 71 gel coat was in-tact i left the hull the same peanut butter color. a color you can NOT even hope to match since it has lil white flaks in it.
i went with a fairly subdued sand color for the top cap.

i rebuilt all of the compartment doors.

the original omc 12 volt troller took the excate total of ONE switch to make work..

i went to a boat show after seeing the RAGGED boat that won the best of class-early angler-i entered the lake norman classic boat show. there was a sweet 73 ranger which i butted heads with. however she was a trailer queen.

1/2 the points awarded required the boat to float and power around the judges sitting on a pontoon. they flipped out when i killed the johnny and dropped the troller and cruised by. then fired it up and went to the ramp..

i took best in class-early angler- and took best over all representation..both of which i an truly proud of since there was some awesome old rides out there that day..

after i get thru this winter i'll be showin her this up coming summer..

zooker

Last edited by a moderator: