The Fisherman

THLove0427

A fisherman is in a tournament, and is behind by several pounds. The fisherman says to himself, "I'd give anything to catch a 5 pounder on this next cast."

He suddenly hears a voice in his ear, "Would you give up a fourth of your sex life?"

The fisherman thinks the voice is just a crazy thought and that his answer would be meaningless but also that perhaps this is a good omen and will put him in the right frame of mind to catch a large fish and says to himself, "OK." The next cast results in a beautiful 5 pound smallmouth.

Two hours later he mumbles to himself, "Boy, if I could only get another 5 pounder."

The same strange voice whispers in his ear and says, "Would it be worth another fourth of your sex life?"

The fisherman looks around, and thinking again this is strange, but still a good omen, shrugs and mutters, "Sure." Next cast, a 5 pound 2 oz smallmouth.

Down to the final 10 minutes of the tournament. The fisherman needs yet another large fish to secure a win. Though he says nothing, he hears the voice again saying, "Would you be willing to give up the rest of your sex life to win this tournament?"

The fisherman says, "Certainly." Next cast, a 8 pound 4 oz largemouth that will ensure a win.

As the fisherman preps his boat for the run back to the weigh in, a stranger appears on the back deck and says,"You know, I've really not been fair with you and you don't know who I am. I'm the devil and from now on you will have no sex life."

"Nice to meet you," says the fisherman. "My name's Father O'Malley."